Translate

Sunday 19 August 2012

Poshed Up Box of Drawers

What a beautiful day it is! Could possibly be the hottest day for quite a  long time. Very warm outside, so I decided to keep cool inside and share this box of drawers.

This is my very first attempt at altering a box ... I have to say I loved doing this.  I didn't really have a clue or anything in mind when I started, however I am really pleased with the outcome.





I started by painting the outside and all the drawers with white acrylic paint.

I then left it for a few days to dry out completely.  Should have taken some pictures as I was going along, for a before, during and after. 


Papers
I decorated with the wonderful Pion papers, I can't remember whether it is Fairytale of Spring, For My Mother, From the Heart II - I happen to love them all, found them from Dies to Die For.  I also used a random piece from a 6" x 6" paper pack free with a magazine (this is the mailbox on the bottom two drawers)  fitted in with the peachy colour scheme.


Flowers
All the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, actually only added a few.

Pearls

The pearls are from my local haberdashery shop sold, by the metre.


There we have it, my first  box of drawers all poshed up!  Think I may have the bug!

Hope you like it, be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment